When a heart attack strikes, time is a critical factor in determining the outcome. The Cardiac Network links a number of smaller South Mississippi hospitals to Forrest General's Heart & Vascular Services to provide prompt, life-saving technology to heart attack victims. Network hospitals are provided clot-dissolving drugs that are administered to heart attack victims prior to being transported to Forrest General for care.
The Cardiac Network enables many South Mississippi counties to receive the same fast, expert medical treatment available at Forrest General Hospital. Local doctors work closely with Forrest General's interventional cardiologists from the time the patient arrives at their local hospital to the time they arrive at Forrest General for more advanced treatment.
Currently, 11 South Mississippi health care facilities are members of network:
- Jefferson Davis Co. Hospital (Prentiss)
- Covington County Hospital (Collins)
- Beechman Memorial Hospital (Magnolia)
- Pearl River Medical Center (Poplarville)
- Perry County Hospital (Richton)
- Walthall County General Hospital (Tylertown)
- Southeast Mississippi Rural Health Clinics
- Crosby Memorial Hospital (Picayune)
- George County Hospital (Lucedale)
- Family Clinic of Seminary
For more information about the Cardiac Network, call FGH OnCall at 1-800-844-4445, then press 1, from 2 - 10 p.m., seven days a week or send an e-mail.