Oncology Nursing Educational Opportunities at Forrest General
The Oncology Nursing Society (ONS) Chemotherapy & Biotherapy Course provides a comprehensive review of the knowledge needed to administer cytotoxic and biotherapeutic agents. Upon completion of the course and successfully passing the post-test, participants will receive an ONS Chemotherapy and Biotherapy Provider Card. This card validates the participant has the theoretical foundation needed to administer cytotoxic and biotherapeutic agents. The card is valid for two years. ONS will award 13.5 contact hours to nurses who attend this program in it's entirety.
Click on scheduled course dates to print a registration form:
Tumor Conferences every Tuesday at 12:15 p.m. in the Elm and Maple Rooms, located near Forrester's Dining Area in the hospital.
Oncology Nursing Resources:
- American Cancer Society (ACS)
- National Cancer Institute (NCI)
- Oncology Nursing Society (ONS)
- ONS Outcomes Resource Area - Provides resources that will assist nurses in achieving desired outcomes for people with cancer, including outcome measures, resource cards, and evidence tables; this web page is the gateway to ONS Putting Evidence Into Practice (PEP).
- ONS PEP Resource Volume I - Topics include fatigue, nausea and vomiting, prevention of infection, and sleep/wake disturbances.
- ONS PEP Resource Volume II - Topics include caregiver strain and burden, constipation, depression, dyspnea, mucositis, and peripheral neuropathy.
- ONS PEP Resource Volume III - Topics include pain and prevention of bleeding.
- ONS PEP Resource Volume IV - Topics include anorexia, anxiety, diarrhea and lymphedema.
- ONS CNE Central
- National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) & Guidelines
Other nursing web sites:
Other web sites:
Clinical calculators and tools: