With nearly 6,500 members, Forrest General is the exclusive Spirit of Women hospital for South Mississippi. Since its inception in 2004, Forrest General's Spirit of Women program has developed into a resource for women of all ages in the community.
Membership benefits include special discounts at Spirit of Women programs and more than 100 local retail businesses, a quarterly magazine, and a monthly calendar of events. A small fee of $20 provides you with a lifetime membership.
Each year programs are customized to meet the needs of today's women and their families, providing health education events and health screenings in a fun and entertaining way - it's what we call "health-u-tainment." Great speakers provide the entertainment on topics ranging from gardening to home decorating, while experts from Forrest General relay important health information covering all stages of a woman's life. Below are a few examples of recent events:
- Day of Dance for Health (heart health and stroke awareness; health screenings)
- Girls' Night Out (various health topics covered)
- Spirit of Women Annual Spring Event (various health topics covered)
- Peripheral Arterial Disease Screening
- How to Wear Your Genes (Genetic risk factors)
- Girl Talk (changes in the adolescent girl's body)
- Spirit Girls (teen board)
- And much more!
To request an application, click here.
Click here to see the latest issue of the Spirit of Women monthly calendar.
Click here to see Fearless Entertaining Video with Catherine Strange.
Click here for fitness4two.com
For more information about the national Spirit of Women network, click here.